IMPORTANT UPDATE: GEA will be organised online. DEADLINE is prolonged until 5 April 2020.
EIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together government representatives from 28 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agri-food innovations from industry, academia and European institutions. The Academy is an advisory and capability building program that offers insights into challenges related to food system innovations and regulations. It is also an opportunity to exchange best practices that will contribute to further improvements of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies and future development of operational programs based on the EU Structural and Investment Funds as well as a chance to build networks of government representatives crucial for new EU funded programs.
The Academy is delivered by University of Warsaw, EIT Food CLC North-East and EIT Food CLC South with a group of industrial partners: Danone, VTT, and PepsiCo.
Key features of the Academy
- workshops focused on real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players and actual needs of industry and customers;
- lectures offering insights into the complexity of food system, state-of-the-art technologies and innovations developed by the agri-food industry;
- highly interactive learning program based on case-studies and real-life examples;
- working with European experts in agri-food industry and innovation management;
- participants do not pay tuition fee and have travel and personal costs reimbursed (offered as a lump sumof €1,000 gross refunded after the event in accordance with EIT/Horizon 2020 rules for financial support disbursed to third parties);
- excellent opportunities to build an international network of policy makers working on the agri-food related Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3), exchanging experiences to continuously improve the national and regional policies.