Need help with testing your agritech solution?
Apply for Test Farms and validate your product with farmers!
Deadline has been extended to 24 May 2020!
Test Farms links agricultural startups with farmers and testing-land.
Through enabling these links EIT Food wants to help innovative agritech ideas to validate and test their products and services, showcase their business to customers and investors and finally support the technological transformation in European agriculture.
Test Farms programme is designed to link startups that are looking to validate their agricultural solutions with farmers or agricultural/pasture land to do a pilot project.
You will receive:
- Matchmaking with farmers/agricultural or pasture land with the required conditions for a successful pilot project.
- The opportunity to do a pilot with professional farmers in a realistic setting in Spain, Portugal and Bulgaria to achieve validation of your agricultural solution.
- Possibilities to showcase your solution in a realistic setting to display your proof of concept during Demo Day organised at the site of farmer.
- Access to EIT Food network.
- 3000 EUR budget to support the travel and testing phase.
- Online application : 11.03 – 24.05.2020
- Evaluation and selection of program participants :from 24.05
- Announcement of the results: tbc
- Match-making event : September 2020 (TBC) - Shortlisted startups will be invited to join one 2-day match-making events. At these events, they will meet with farmers, evaluate the possibility of testing their innovative solutions on their premises and together create a plan for testing the technology.
- Testing phase : September 2020 - September 2021 - Startups test their solution on the premises of the farmer/test field according to the plan created during the match-making event.
- Demo Day – September 2020 - September 20201 - Following the testing, selected startups together with farmers will organise a Demo Day for local farmers/clients to attend, test the solution and possibly buy the product/service.