What is EIT Food RIS Research Infrastructure Network?
- EIT Food RIS Research Infrastructure Network (RIS RIN) is a capacity building program designed to support aspiring managers and scientists working in scientific organisations that own publicly funded research infrastructure related to agrifood sector as well as involve regional/national authorities who oversee such research infrastructure from the countries covered by the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS). It provides participants with highly interactive training and dedicated support by leading European experts in agrifood research and innovation management (EIT Food Partner) based on best commercialisation practices, tools and techniques to enhance their research infrastructure's commercial use and visibility, identify potential agrifood partners and stimulate the science-industry collaboration.
Who can apply?
- The EIT Food RIS RIN is focused on supporting public sector representative, including professionals working in scientific organisations, regional authority, national agency or municipality involved in publicly funded research infrastructure management and commercialisation.
- The research infrastructure must fall under one of EIT Food's focus areas, including targeted nutrition, sustainable aquaculture, sustainable agriculture, alternative proteins, digital transformation of traceability, and circular food systems. Furthermore, the host of the research infrastructure must represent one of countries or regions, covered by the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS).
How it works?
- The program is comprised of 8 days of online classes, workshops and mentoring sessions followed by several assignments spread across eight months and delivered by leading European experts in agrifood research and innovation management (EIT Food Partner), providing their expertise and experience in research infrastructures commercialisation and innovation management relevant to the contemporary agrifood system.
- It is highly interactive and features various learning methods incorporated with mentoring sessions.
- The EIT Food RIS RIN workshops and mentoring sessions will be run by educators, researchers and experts from the University of Warsaw, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences and German Institute of Food Technologies.
- Participants do not pay tuition fee.
- EIT Food RIS Research Infrastructure Network will be held online on 7, 21 April, 12, 26 May, 9 June, 29 September, and 20 October with a final session on 29 November 2022 (TBC).
How to apply?
- Applications are open from 1st February till 15th March 2022.
- For more information on how to apply, please visit the dedicated website at https://www.eitfood.eu/projects/ris-research-infrastructure-network.
- Or go directly to the application portal HERE.